We’re looking for Content Developers & Destination Experts
Duration: 2 months starting June
A little bit about Spiti Valley
Spiti Valley, also known as the “Middle Land” is a high altitude Trans-Himalayan desert region in Himachal Pradesh. It borders with Tibet and has an average altitude of 4000 meters. Spiti is home to some of the oldest Buddhist monasteries in the Himalayan. Acting as a strong hold of the last of the Buchen Lamas in Pin Valley, Spiti is also known for the ancient Tibetan medicine system of Amchi. You can find prehistoric fossils in the village of Langza, travel to one of the highest motor-able villages and passes in the world, trek to one of the many scenic lakes and learn about a 1000 year old culture.
It’s a simple life, a tough life but with beautiful villages, hospitable people and unbelievable landscapes Spiti is a place worth the visit.
A little bit about us
Incredible Spiti (A unit of Sakya Abode Travel Services) is a company started in 2010 by two friends Vishesh and Tsering who have an indescribable love for the region.
With local knowledge and tons of experience and an excellent team in place we ensure that all our guests have the best possible time on their travels and leave with memories of a wonderful vacation that they can cherish forever. Our motto is to help people explore Spiti valley at their own pace and in the best possible way.
Based out of Kaza village in Spiti valley and a small office in Manali, we are a small, young and dynamic team with loads of new ideas. And always on the lookout for creative people with a love for travel who can help us bring these ideas to life.
What do you get to do as an Incredible Spiti Intern?
Other than spending a couple of months traveling around beautiful Spiti! You will get to work with some amazing people and get and opportunity to learn about a new culture. You will also need to think out-of-the-box at an altitude that is low on oxygen and a climate that is unforgiving.
– You will need to work with our marketing team on developing content (writing, taking photographs and videos) and maintaining our social media pages.
– You will also need to help with photo and video editing. It will be great if you are familiar with editing software’s like Photoshop, Illustrator and Premier Pro.
– You will be based out of our Manali or Spiti office
– You need to be a people person and be able to deal with clients on a daily basis
– You need to have good organizational skills and need to be familiar with MS office, excel and power point
a) Share with us a sample of your work. If you can take good pictures, create stories, shoot videos, write blogs or are experts at powerpoint and planning/coordination then you have a good chance. You can also send in you CV or portfolio.
b) Tell us why do you want to do this (in not more than 500 words)
c) Don’t forget to mention your internship preference in the subject of your email i.e. “Internship- Content Developer” or “Internship- Destination Expert”
You can send in your applications to Spiti@IncredibleSpiti.com
Last date for application: 15th May, 2017
*Terms and Conditions
– Incredible Spiti will take care of your stay during the course of your Internship, you will need to take care of the rest.
– Interns will be shortlisted purely basis their skills and will be chosen by a panel of experts from outside the company.